Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Katie already loves Disney and we aren't even there yet



Atleast, we aren't at a Disney park yet but Katie loves the hotel!!!

WOW! What a day yesterday! LONG DAY! We got to the hotel (we are staying at one of Disney's budget resorts - Pop Century) about 6pm. I've never seen Katie in such a rush to go somewhere as she was to get to the pool. It was a really fun pool so we went swimming before we did dinner.

We had some pool fun and then took a quick shower and went to the food court here at the hotel. I had read good things about it but I'm also still in a pretty picky place with my eating and the smells kinda got to me. But, I got through it. I tried to eat a little chicken picata and ended up with Rice Krispies, banana and skim milk...lol! At least I didn't go off my diet! :)

Katie was so much fun yesterday. She really hit it off with the stewardess on the plane. Then as Katie and I were getting off the plane - Katie gave her a hug. Then the guy that drove our Magical Express bus - Glen - he was a character - very funny. He also got a hug and a thank you from Katie! She was giving us hugs like crazy last night too - thanking us so much for bringing her here.

Katie was so funny on the way to the hotel from the airport. She was looking at all the Disney material and we were talking about being at Animal Kingdom on her actual birthday on Thursday. I told her we were having breakfast that day at "Dinosaurama"... i think that's how you spell it. Anyway, she sat there for a minute and then said "we are having breakfast with dinosaurs... are we going to be digging for their bones?" LOL... she knew we weren't having breakfast with real dinosaurs so she thought we were going on a dig! :)

The hotel is cheesy but it is a fun cheesy! It's decorated in 50's - 90's pop culuture! It's bright and colorful! Just didn't like the food court! LOL! However, I am looking forward to getting some protein in an egg this morning! :)

Katie has already been having fun - the lady that checked us in gave her a button to wear everywhere saying "My name is Katie and it's my birthday". Katie told her that she was going to be 8 years old on Thursday. She also told her that on her last birthday - she was 7. LOL!

Disney is very accommodating to individuals with special needs. They normally charge extra for a fridge but they gave us one for free for Katie's meds. They gave us a room in the "quiet section" of the hotel. They brought Katie special "camp out" bedding - she has slept like a rock. Even with me being on the computer this morning for two hours.

I've tried to send emails this morning to Mom and MomMom, Lisa, Tracy, Marilyn, Karen - I've been up since 4:30 since I pooped out so early last night. Everytime I try to send an email - the internet connection resets and I loose the email. So, hopefully - this will post.

I will try to blog again tonight or if I poop out again early - tomorrow morning!

LA :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!! I'm so happy you are having a good time!! Disney is going to knock your socks off! I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete