Friday, May 4, 2007

Epcot Was A Little Bit Of A Disappointment

 

In planning this trip, I was so excited about Epcot. I didn't think Animal Kingdom would be nearly as fun as it was... but we were pretty disappointed in Epcot today. First of all, it was like 93 degrees and VERY humid. Also, we had sore feet - all of us and there was no shade - nowhere. So, none of us were in that great of moods to begin with and you know that is never a good foundation to having fun... especially with an eight year old.

But, we did hit the things we really wanted to hit - SOARIN' was UNBELIEVABLE and so much fun!!! Katie wanted to do it again - but even with Fast Pass - it was over an hour wait. We did the mild version of Mission Space to make sure that Katie did okay - which she did! So then we did the extreme version... it was AMAZING! We loved every minute of it. We also did the Test Track... again a long wait with Fast Pass - but the fast part outside was GREAT!

I think three days of parks back to back is just a little much for us and for Katie. Our energy level was fine - just with the heat, humidity and rude people... I've been on people overload...LOL! We've met some great families and some wonderful Disney employees... but then you've got the general public at large... Man alive! Not good sometimes!

Oh, Epcot did have a butterfly exhibit right now and Katie was in love with that! I'm telling you... wildlife, animals, some aspects of science... she's a sponge. When we come back, we will stay close to Animal Kingdom and probably spend at least two days there.

We decided to hit Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow instead of pounding the pavement. We figured if we are going to be hot and sweating - we might as well be playing in the water. Katie is looking forward to snorkeling in the salt water reef that they have. Actually - so am I. I fell in love with snorkeling in the Keys. We are all looking forward to the Crush N' Gusher water coaster. And, of course, I have my marine pack for my camera! :) You know me!

Today wasn't bad - please don't get me wrong. We still made amazing memories - it just wasn't quite what we thought it would be and it wasn't as AMAZING as Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. But, with the events of the past two days - we were due a letdown.

I think by tomorrow night - we will be happy to be packing to go home! We have loved every minute (almost every minute) of this trip - but there is no place like home! :)

More later!
Leeann :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment