Saturday, May 5, 2007

If It Get's Scary - I'll Hide Like A Turtle



We had a BLAST today! As I stated yesterday - because of the heat and humidity and sore feet - we decided to hit Typhoon Lagoon today instead of hitting another park. Boy, was that the best decision for us! We had so much fun.

We got up, ate cereal and fruit and headed out and caught the first bus to TL. Our bus driver was in WAY TOO GOOD of a mood - but he was fun and he was cracking us up. We met another family from Michigan - actually - half a family. It was the mother and one daughter... hubby and son were at the hotel. She was going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (which we cancelled for Katie - we were going to do that originally tonight).

Anyway, this lady from Michigan was a hoot. I was telling her about Karen and her being from Berrien Springs, MI. She pulled out her hand as a map of Michigan - which all people from Michigan seem to do and showed us where they live. This impressed Katie and then she pulled out her hand and turned it sideways and showed her on her sideways hand where we live in Tennessee. LOL! The kid is too funny!

So we get to TL at 8:45 and it opens at 9am for Disney resort guests. Katie literally asked us every minute on the minute how much time was left. Don and I had a plan based on the expected crowd. I was gonna hit Singapore Sal's with Katie to get water socks (water shoes but they call them socks here) and a locker. Don was going to get us chairs marked or saved with towels and tshirts. Good plan!!!

We met back up, got changed and hit Crushin' Gusher! It wasn't quite what we'd hoped. First of all, for a 3-person boat... they arrange it in order of weight... so for the first time in like 15 years - I wasn't in the back. I was in the middle - thing is - we'd promised Katie she could be in the middle. Well, obviously - she was in the front. It scared her to death and she of course - didn't hold on to her ear plugs when we hit the pool at the bottom and we lost one. Poor kiddo - I don't blame her a bit - I hated that she ended up in front. Thank goodness her earplugs are neon pink - I spotted it when I got out of the pool and Don dove and got it.

From there - we went to Shark Reef to go snorkeling in a salt-water pool with tropical fish. Katie loved it - Don freaked out AND backed out because it brought back memories of a bad experience and I was in the middle. The water was FREEZING. I couldn't get out because Katie was already on her way. Thank goodness it only took like 8 minutes to get through.

The rest of the day we spent either in the Lazy River or the INCREDIBLE wave pool with me humming the tune to Hawaii Five-O. Why you ask? Because this pool has nothing on Dolly's Splash Country pool... it has a HUGE wave out where the water is 7+ feet deep. You can ride the wave like people do in Hawaii... AND I DID IT! LOVED IT! Can't wait to do more stuff like it!

Don did it too... wasn't quite as thrilled as me however; he went back out more than me. LOL! One time we were in that "not so great spot" with Katie - the place where the wave breaks and knocks you over with the force of the water... I ended up on top of Don and he was hanging on to Katie for dear life... so he ended up on the bottom scraping his knee.

Writing this, I'm thinking... did we really have as much fun as I thought we did! We did!!! We had the MOST fun on the Lazy River. We made NUMEROUS trips... Katie loved it. She did not however; like the part where people could aim these water gun things and shoot you or the cave/tunnel with a water fall.

So, every time we'd approach one of these areas - she'd disappear into the middle of her inner tube and that's when she said "If it get's scary, I'll hide like a turtle". We laughed more today than we have our entire trip.

We had a picnic lunch and a mid-afternoon fruit snack and headed back to the hotel after 4:15... A FULL DAY OF SUN AND FUN!!

Don asked me this afternoon how I rated this vacation on a scale of 1-10. I gave it an 8.5. We made so many amazing memories and we had so many great times... but we all are on PEOPLE OVERLOAD! The only vacation that scored higher that we could think of was in The Keys with Squirt and Figi and it was a 10.

I've loved sharing my memories on here this week... plus it's going to help me to look back when I'm scrapbooking for journaling! Right, Lisa!? RIGHT!!

Heading home tomorrow!
LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment