Monday, May 21, 2007

Katie's 8th Birthday Will Never Be Outdone


Oh my goodness - I don't know what could possibly top her birthday from this year. She spent her actual birthday at Disney World meeting Cinderella, Prince Charming, Snow White and loving Animal Kingdom and all the great rides. Then she had the most fun at her Build-A-Bear party on Saturday. She had 10 friends there and they all loved it!!

It was a little chaotic and wasn't really crazy about two of the mom's who just sent their daughters in with the intent to come back later and pick them up. Can't really imagine dropping a 7-8 year old little girl off at the mall. My mom would have never done that 30 years ago - and the world wasn't THAT crazy back then. I CAN NOT imagine doing that now!!

But, Katie's best friend at school, Lily - she's precious. She's so cute - a complete opposite in personality and looks as Katie but they are like two peas in a pod at the same time. She has wavy curly blonde hair and is so outgoing. She's been a big help to Katie in school this year and they are actually going to try to keep them together for the 2nd grade! 2nd grade!! I can't believe it! Time is flying. Sometimes, it almost feels like a ride and I just want to hop off to try and slow it down.

But, Lily's mom - I completley hit it off with her. She was like one of those people that you meet and feel like you've known for a very long time...! YAY! I always love making a new friend - and her daughter being Katie's best friend (at school) is just a GREAT bonus! She's crafty and the girls both love crafts so we are going to get together some this summer to swim, craft and maybe do the zoo.

Also, Katie's good friend from Kindergarten... Mikayla - turns out she lives in our neighborhood and we didn't even know it. We've talked to her parents (they are SO NICE) so many times and it just never came up where either of us lived. But, Mikayla hit it off with Cassie and Alex (Katie's best friends at home) and so Mikayla is going to come over this summer and swim with the girls!

I have a feeling it's going to be a great summer!!! I hope so anyway! I've seen Sunny and Belle and they are both doing great - in a beautiful green pasture - no more mud pit! YAY! Belle came right to me and Mary (farm owner) said that she's been hard to catch - so that's good news that she's starting to know me. It's so incredibly easy getting on and off Sunny and Belle now. I love it! I still get tears in my eyes when I do it... and I still second guess myself right before I mount thinking "I'm gonna struggle - it's gonna be hard" and then it's totally not! I'm going out to the farm on Wednesday at 7pm for a lesson with Mary! :)

Gran is still in NHC Ft. Sanders. She's not doing well - physically or mentally. She has congestive heart failure and she wont stay on her oxygen. She wont do a lot of what they try to get her to do. So stubborn!!!

Dad and Marilyn are suppose to come back over a week from Wednesday to help me work on her condo. We have to make the decision to get her condo handicap ready in case she comes home or to go ahead and get it ready to sell. There are tons of services to tap into if she goes home - which is wonderful - but it's still a scary prospect. I'm going to be traveling some this summer and I'd be relying on strangers... and hopefully DAD!

Anyway, that's it for today! I weigh on Wednesday and hopefully I'll be hitting that big 100!!!!!

LA :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie looks so cute! I'm glad she had a good time and that you survived. Miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete