Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Well, there is never a dull moment in our lives, that is for certain! We had the hearing this morning in chancery court for me to have a conservatorship for Gran. What an experience that was. Chancellor Fansler was the judge... he finalized Katie's adoption eight years ago. Everything went well for the most part and the judge signed off on it.

Then we had to take Gran to the doctor for her B12 shot. I hope I can start giving her those because we waited almost an hour for her to just get a shot.

It was a beautiful spring day and I had a lot of work to do but also a lot of errands. Inside at the computer or outside with the sunroof open, good tunes on the radio, lunch with my husband and errands... which do you think I did! :)

Our last stop was Home Depot to get prices on some landscaping items we are going to be buying in the coming month. We came around the corner from the garden area and there was a lady that had a dog that looked JUST LIKE MAGGIE. I started crying! Thank goodness for sunglasses!!

I cried off and on all the way to Katie's school. When we got home, I started looking online at dog and cat breeds. We really didn't want to have another dog. No dog could ever replace Maggie.

It's been a month since we lost Maggie and just in the past few days - I had finally stopped crying daily. I knew the past 16 months that Maggie's time with us wasn't going to be much longer and so I thought I was prepared and ready to loose her. That was SOOOO not the case. I've missed her terribly.

I'm use to doing so much work on my laptop and was use to her being right there with me. If I was doing laundry, she was right there with me. If I took a nap - she was HAPPILY right there with me... it's been so much harder than I ever thought it would be.

Katie has been wanting a cat forever! She loves, loves, loves the cats at the farm. They seriously compete for her attention with the horses.

I loved my black persian cat, Smoky that I had years ago and I started researching the Himalayan's online and fell in love with the Blue Point Himalayans. This is the description of their traits and personality characteristics:

In personality, the Himalayan is a friendly, affectionate and mischievous cat. Easy going, gentle and friendly with humans and other pet animals, a Himalayan makes an adaptable pet. They are extremely playful cats always in the middle of all their human's activities, and express themselves with a wonderful melodious voice. Their quiet disposition, sweet pansy-faced expression and appealing blue eyes have make the Himalayan one of the most beloved of all pedigree cats. Himalayan owners find the breed irresistible and usually have more than one Himmie in their household.

Just so happens that I found a lady in Oliver Springs that breeds them and she had four kittens and one was a blue point himalayan.

Guess who joined our family tonight? Isn't he cute?



I always thought Don and I were going to have several children. Our hearts could not be more full of love for Katie than they are... but we can't have any more, adopted or otherwise. It just wouldn't be fair to Katie - or to us - since we don't have family in town other than Gran. So, we have animals. It benefits us AND Katie!

Any suggestions for names? Katie loves the name Gizmo, Don likes Coda and I like Ozzie and Oliver.

LA :)

3 comments:

  1. WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennessee Mama DuckApril 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM

    Oh, he is soooo cute! I love his nose!

    My middle child wants a cat. I think 3 children and a dog is enough for me (well...maybe more than enough actually)! He begs all of the time though. I've never had an indoor cat and don't want to deal with a litter box!! (I seriously don't think that I could - my nose is VERY sensitive...so is my gag reflex!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ozzie. Especially after losing Ozzie last night on Survivor.

    ReplyDelete