Saturday, April 19, 2008

It Just Wasn't Meant To Be

Gizmo went back to the breeders this morning before I headed to Cades Cove. He is the sweetest little guy and Katie and I are sad - Don is too a little - but he left his mom too young. He was only 6 weeks old and he wasn't completely weaned apparently and he wasn't using the litter box.

The breeder told us that she'd hold him for us for a week if we want to try it again once he's matured a little. We will see... but I doubt it.

Katie knows how much he was missing his mom and I'm really proud of the fact that she was concerned for him instead of just sad for herself.

We have three dogs. I guess we need to keep it at that. I just miss an affectionate white fluff ball... nothing will ever replace Maggie but Gizmo was giving an awful lot of love.

LA :(

1 comment: