Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Almost Three Down...

and three to go. I finished my Location Photography class tonight. I was actually a little sad... I've enjoyed it and I've learned a LOT about composition and learning to look for subjects other than the obvious. I have to complete the Fundamentals class (halfway done) and then take three more electives and I'll have my photography certificate! :) YAY! I'm not just doing this for that certificate though... I'm really enjoying learning!

I SOOOOOO want to take my Rebel to Disney. I'd never take my 40D but even my Rebel would be so cumbersome. If I was a spectator, like I was 142 pounds ago... I'd take my Rebel and get lost in the photography but I am soooo looking forward to riding rides with Katie and giggling and enjoying every moment. No matter how much you love photography - sometimes you have to enjoy the moment.

Last week at the farm, I missed some great, no FANTASTIC shots of Sunny kicking and bucking. She was going nuts with Spring Fever... and I just stood there with my mouth open and my camera aimed at the ground. I could have gotten some great shots - but I would have missed the feeling I got watching her. Same thing with Disney - if I take one of my "real" cameras - I'll get wrapped up in that and miss the "real moments" with Katie and Don.

Anyway, here are some of my shots from Cades Cove this past Saturday. My Fundamentals class is suppose to go to Cades Cove this Saturday... man! Tremont two weeks ago and then Cades Cove back to back Saturdays. Dad and Marilyn will be here this weekend so we will have to see...



This was actually my biggest "wow" picture of the whole class. I don't know that it was my favorite but everyone seemed to like it. :)



I got a lot of pictures of deer... I got really close to some. But, I was so excited, because I've never been close to Bambi before, that I didn't realize that my shutter speed was set too low and they were WAY overexposed. Cute shots that were not fixable. :(



Consensus was this should have been cropped tighter.

More later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment