Saturday, May 31, 2008

Maybe It Is All Worth It



Katie and I went to go see Gran today. Don had a wedding at a beautiful B&B Inn so it was just Katie and I. We went this afternoon and took Gran to an early dinner at Cracker Barrell in Harriman and then drove around for a while and then visited with her and some of her new friends when we went back to the assisted living.

When we got there this afternoon, she was asleep but when we woke her up - she woke up with the happiest smile to see us. She started telling us all about her week. She got a little mixed up in parts - but she was happy and that was wonderful!!

Halfway through our dinner - I got very choked up. I realized that we were laughing, smiling, chatting and having so much fun and I CAN NOT TELL YOU when the last time was that I felt like that being around Gran.

I told her "I'm so glad to see you happy" and she said "I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm happy"... whatever it takes. I said "well, I'm so glad to see you doing so good" and left it at that.

Like I said - maybe it was worth all it took to make it happen.

Don & Lisa is going to help me try to pull off having the first estate sale (living estate sale) next Friday and Saturday. We almost have all the junk and garbage removed. Now pricing the items will be hard - she has some nice antique pieces...

Katie is so tired. She has been such a trooper with all this and SUCH A BIG help as well!

Here are some pictures of her place... it's small but honestly - it's all she needs.







Dad started his radiation this week. He seems to be doing pretty well. He feels great in the early part of the day but by evening - he's hurting. He opted for the 2 1/2 week very intensive radiation instead of the more drawn out 6 week course so he only has 2 weeks left.

I went with Lisa and Sienna last night to see SATC. It was great! It was such a great movie to see with friends - it really has a great message about what matters in live - working on relationships and making them work and last!

Have a happy Sunday!
LA :)

1 comment:

  1. Her little room looks so cozy! Its bigger than I thought it was. I'm so glad she seems happy and more glad that you are!

    ReplyDelete