Monday, July 16, 2007

Farm Girls Clean Up Well



Mary (horse trainer, farm Mary) called Don on Saturday and said "I know Leeann has a lot going on right now but all the gals at the barn over 18 are having dinner Monday night and we'd like Leeann to come if she can".

Don said "YOU'RE GOING! YOU NEED IT!!!"

I was a little apprehensive because I know Mary very well and Tedda is my good buddy but everyone else out there is just "acquaintances" and I've never really liked hanging out with just "acquaintances"...lol.

Well, I really liked hanging out with acquaintances tonight! I had SO MUCH FUN!!!

It was so fun to be out with those gals. There were 14 of us and it was amazing how good we looked compared to how we normally see each other. ESPECIALLY Mary and Amy - Amy is the other trainer at the barn. They looked amazing in real clothes and make up...lol! I wish I'd taken pictures!

We went to this new place called Seasons Cafe in between Campbell Station and Watt Road on Kingston Pike. It bills itself as "a hip, urban trendy style cafe where you have to pass fields and countryside that are spotted with cows to get to it".

It was trendy, hip and modern. AND VERY GOOD FOOD! And, no, I didn't go off my diet. I had a lean tenderloin and asparagus. YUMMY!

There was so much laughter. We talked about so much fun girl stuff. The ages ranged from 20's - 50's. The average was 35-40 though... so it was good. We talked about our girls (and a few boys) and our husbands. I loved that all these women who were married - had nice things to say about their husbands. But somehow, the conversation always came back around to our shared passion.... our horses!

Speaking of horses, Don has a lesson with Mary tomorrow night and Katie and I will spend time with Belle - if Katie is better.

So much fun! Hope we do it again and I'm so glad that I have the husband that I do. He knew I would have fun and I did. AND, he was patient and such a good dad and took care of cranky Katie - who has every right to be cranky with her yucky ear infection. She's turned into such a fish. She's swimming like crazy and we can't hardly keep her from diving down deep. This is the first ear infection she's had since March 2006... longest she'd ever gone. New set of tubes will be happening in late August. *sigh*

More later...
LA :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Who is that girl in the picture! I don't recognize you! LA, you look great! It is so good to hear from you and read how well you, Don & Katie are.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete