Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Down 106 pounds & lovin' time on the farm

 

Today was Wednesday Weigh Day and I'm down 106 pounds. I just looked back to see when I hit that 100 mark and it was 14 days ago!! Then I got a little blue because I thought - wow, it took me half a month to loose 6 pounds - then I remembered that Dr. Boyce told me that my weight loss would level off after 5-6 months and be at a much more normal pace of 10-14 pounds a month!

Still have a problem making my walking a priority in my life! Which stinks - because I TRULY LOVE IT! I take Hogan or Sophie, put on my ipod headphones and it's like "my time". I jam to my favorite songs and I feel great when I'm done! *sigh*

I am absolutely loving time on the farm. Last night was perfect. Don, Katie and I had all three had a rough day and it was therapeutic for all of us to be out there with Sunny and Belle having fun.



Katie however; isn't 100% focused on just the horses. She loves Belle, the great pyrenese that Mary has there as a watch dog, the barnyard cats, the duck that is about to have baby chicks, Melody, the broadmare that just gave birth to a little colt that Katie wants Mary to name "Sprite"... Katie is definitely in her element out there. She takes every micro detail in.



We were out there until well after 9pm and watched some clouds start rolling in for a storm. The breeze felt so good and the air quality was wonderful compared to the past few days.

Don had a great lesson with Mary and learned to do some great things with Sunny. He had her moving sideways... that was pretty cool.



I absolutely love watching him at the farm. He's totally relaxed and Sunny loves him! It's funny though when her attitude flares and she tries to take charge. I think she's finally learning who is the boss (at least outside the pasture)! She's definitely in charge IN the pasture.

Whenever she goes back out - it's always like the parting of the red sea... the other horses scram until they see what she's gonna do. She's definitely the BOSS MARE! :) If she approaches the water barrel - she'll pin her ears and any horse that's there - takes off!



Last year, her poor nose got SOOOO sunburned. So, we are putting sunblock on her nose like three times a week and she's wearing a long nose fly mask. It amazes me how the horses can see so good through those things. A lot of Mary's students get the masks that have eyelashes and big eyes on the front of the masks... I can't imagine doing that to Sunny.

She reminds me of Katie's personality a little. She loves to get groomed and all fixed up - she LOVES it! But, on the flip side - she LOVES rolling in the mud and getting all dirty! ;)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment