Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving With Gran



Victorian Square had their Thanksgiving dinner for all the residents and their families last night. It was such a nice evening! With me having gone to North Carolina and then Katie having pneumonia, we had not seen Gran in three weeks. I was so worried that she wouldn't recognize us because that has been happening lately... where it takes her a minute to register who we are. But, that wasn't the case at all!



We had a lovely evening with her and enjoyed it all. They has "Ms. Rockwood" singing hymns and her mother played the piano. It was funny because my grandmother was "Ms. Rockwood" in 1938 when she was 16 years old. She enjoyed singing the hymns and I enjoyed watching her and it brought back a lot of memories of having gone to church with her over my lifetime.



Don and I did so good sticking to our new way of eating! We are not calling it a diet because it's for the rest of our lives and who wants to be on a "diet" the rest of their lives!? We ate what we knew we could and steered clear of the rest!



Our entire weekend has been so nice! I went to a class at Scrapbooks & More with Lisa yesterday morning and it's always great hanging out with her!

Then today, I had a lesson at the farm with Mike and Belle! I learned some great new stuff! Don is going to be working with him on his new gig with the Bureau of Land Management and the mustang project. Looks like we will be going to Tunica, MS sometime the first of the year to film and photograph a mustang adoption clinic that he will be doing for the BLM. Never been to Mississippi so at least I will be able to check that state off my "never been to" list, right!?

LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment