Saturday, November 8, 2008

Such A Great Day With Family

Okay, so yesterday I totally felt like I was getting sick. I'm just run down because I've been going non-stop since before our trip to Key Largo - with full days every day and then I had my great trip to North Carolina last weekend.

But we had plans with Don's family this weekend and I was so determined not to miss out and I'm so glad that I took enough cold medicine and antibiotics to stay on top of it enough to have been a part of the fun last night and today!!

Mom, Joyce, Robin (Don's cousin), her fiance, David and her two sons, Blake (8) and Hunter (6) came down yesterday and we had dinner at Outback last night! Guess who picked the restaurant? Katie! You know her and those Outback Kookabura Wings! Well, she instantly hit it off with Blake and Hunter! We had a great time at dinner!

We got back together today and Joyce took the kids to Toys R Us and gave them each a little shopping spree. She let them pick out any toy (within a certain budget) that they wanted. Katie was quite thrifty and shopped the entire store and came away with four boxes of toys - she got this Animal Planet electronic encyclopedia thing that has add on's of all kinds of groups of animals!

Then Don took Joyce, Mom, Robin and David to the mall to help Joyce pick out a new computer! Guess where!? Like any good Apple junkie... the Apple store of course. Joyce now has a 20" iMac on it's way to her house.



While they went to the mall - I took the kids to the park! It was such a nice day and we had so much fun!!



Katie, Blake & Hunter had such a great time at the park. Katie was a pro at the monkey bars and that made Blake and Hunter determined to get all the way across and they did!!



I haven't been around Blake and Hunter before last night but I already just love them! They are great little guys! So well behaved and they were just great with Katie! They looked after her and treated her like a sister! She's going to enjoy having these cousins in her life!



When they got done at the mall - we met back up together at the hotel and the kids quickly changed and hit the pool! They were staying at the Holiday Inn Select which has a very nice indoor pool. That's where we spent the rest of the day! The kids swam and played their hearts out! I think GrandSue did too! ;)



Katie has a Grandmom (my mom) and Grandma (Dad's wife, Marilyn) and a Gran and she and we had been referring to Sue as Grandma Sue and I didn't like that. It sounded impersonal. But this week when we told Katie that Grandma was coming down, she said "which one". So, today Katie came up with GrandSue. And Sue seemed to like it so GrandSue it is.



I think everyone got hungry so Joyce got serious about ordering some serious food! She got like five pizzas, breadsticks, several orders of wings - a ton of food! The kids were very happy! Katie of course dove into the wings!



I think since Robin has two boys - she enjoyed being around Katie and since we have no boys - I loved being around Blake and Hunter. I'm so happy that with Sarah and Jacob half way around the world - Katie has some family in her life that is her age again!! Katie really enjoyed Robin too!



We also really enjoyed getting to know David! He has a great sense of humor and is so laid back and easy going! I'm excited for he and Robin and them starting their life together!



I am so thankful that we've moved past hard feelings and being hurt. I know that after having spent some special times together - especially now with the kids that none of us will let things separate us again in the future. Family is too important and I'm thankful that we've reconnected! It was a great weekend together and I'm looking forward to more great times very soon!

LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment