Monday, September 24, 2007

Beautiful Belle




















Spent the evening last night with Belle... doing Parelli ground work while the sun was setting. The farm is the most wonderful place early in the morning or at dusk!

I've been doing ground work with her for the past month and it is amazing the difference in her. She responds to verbal cues, hand movements - it's wonderful. She had a bad habit of throwing her head and not letting me near her ears or letting me groom her on her face... now she is totally submissive. I can put a finger on her pole and she lowers her head and lets me do whatever I need to.

She's only four! She's basically a pre-teen in horse years - so she is going to be amazing! She's quick to learn and eager to please and I love her dearly!

It's just a wonderful thing to spend time with a 1200 pound creature that will run if you hold your arm out and make a little noise. She will come to a thundering stop at another command!

LA :)

1 comment: