Friday, September 14, 2007

I've regained my sanity and I still am loving the desert!!

So, I had a great day today - the stress of the past couple of weeks have subsided and I have completely fallen in love with this place. Don - not so much! He thinks it is WAY too hot. The heat isn't bothering Katie or I at all. Katie loves being anywhere with amazing scenery! I love the warmth - with the breeze - the fact that it is SO warm and you can breath. The drastic scenery is just unbelievable... and you don't sweat! It's so dry - I think it must evaporate the minute it comes from your pores...



Today was wonderful! It was packed for all three of us!! We are wide awake and wired - even Katie and it's midnight by our body clock. Katie loved the kids camp today. She was the only kid - with two adults - who doted on her the entire day. She made a backpack with butterflies and fish. She made a pot and planted a cactus. She swam!

The "bootcampers" had a field trip tonight at 5pm to a local thrift store. Lynn arranged a "private" shopping trip after hours so it was just us in the store. I purchased 28 pieces of clothing for under $42. They were all name brand, nice condition items like Liz Claiborne, GAP, Ann Taylor, etc. Clothes aren't my favorite to list - but since we are flying - it was much better than china and other breakables... even though I came with an empty suitcase full of bubblewrap.

Tonight - Lynn bought us all dinner at a local restaurant "The Crab Pot". We took up three long tables - and had a lot of fun. We were seated on the patio with fans and misters - in the valley - sunset against the mountains - AMAZING! The shrimp was yummy too! It was fun meeting some new people - and catching up with Elizabeth and Kim from LAX Bootcamp.



Katie has discovered Webkinz. I think that's how you spell it... it's the modern day "beanie baby" only with Webkinz - you can open the sealed tag thingy and go online and create a virtual version of your new pet. She will be in the kids camp tomorrow with Lynn's daughter and son and Lynn's daughter, Indy - big Webkinz collector. Katie is excited to meet her.

When we got back from dinner tonight - we went swimming in the pool. The breeze had really kicked up and it was a breezy 97 degrees. The water was COLD... which made me wander... do they "air condition" pools in the desert like we heat pools in milder climates... We were actually chilled when we got out of the pool and walked quickly back to our villa. This resort is beautiful! I want to come back here again!

We are off to go "buying" at garage and estate sales in Palm Desert in the morning. I'm riding with Elizabeth... hopefully, we will have better luck getting around tomorrow than we did tonight - because we got lost twice tonight!

Have a happy Saturday!
LA :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to blink twice when I look at you now! I can't believe how beautiful you are! It gives me chill bumps and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete