Friday, March 30, 2007

Crazy 24 Hours

It's 10:45pm and I'm in the Country Inn & Suites in Huntersville, NC. My childhood hometown. We came over here to bring Sophie to my moms and we are staying at a hotel so that we can meet my cousin's wife (Stacy) at my Mom's in the morning for Sophie's arrival. She's an amazing dog expert (www.dogsbehavingbadly.org)and is going to help Mom and MomMom with any transition issues that Sophie might have. I think it will be a smooth transition... Sophie is so laid back.

But, this time last night - I had just gotten home from Park West Hospital. I took my Gran to the doctor yesterday afternoon and the next thing I know - Don's having to leave work early (again) to get Katie so that I could get Gran admitted (via the ER).

Turns out, she's not in good shape at all. She's having heart problems - it could be the result of a severe infection that she developed in her leg. She ended up in CCU last night - but this afternoon - they had her stable and moved her to a normal room. So, we came on over here.

My dad came into Knoxville today and Don and I hated to leave him - but at the same time - this is going to give him an idea of what we went through with Grandad and what we are starting to go through with Gran.

She is a terrible patient. She tries to be pleasant and smiley with the nurses - meanwhile removing her IV's under the sheets.

My dad called me at 8pm tonight when he got back to our house. They had ended up restraining her because she kept trying to get out of bed - even though she can't walk - she was trying to remove her monitors, catheter, etc.

I took her to the dentist Monday morning and the DRASTIC difference in her between Monday and yesterday afternoon was unbelievable. I thought when I first got to her house yesterday that she'd had a stroke.

I'm just taking a deep breath and trusting that we will all get through this because I know it's going to be another bumpy ride.

Update: Fell asleep last night before I published this... *sigh*. Gran is now restrained to her bed because she scratched a nurse last night. Oh my goodness... don't want to go home.

More later!
LA :(

No comments:

Post a Comment