Thursday, May 28, 2009

Living Life In Balance

Original CowgirlFor a few days over the Memorial Day holiday, I tried to step away from my normal daily life a little. No blog posting or reading, no emails, very little Twitter and Facebook... and cleared my mind a little!!

I some great quality time with Katie and Don. We were lazy when it was cloudy and raining watching movies and LOST repeats on Apple TV and we spent some time with Lakota and did some summer shopping, read some books... it was a simple but wonderful long weekend.

And I came to a conclusion through some reading... to be a happy cowgirl, a true cowgirl, we all need balance. Balance in the saddle, balance in parenting, balance in relationships, balance in business and work and basically all the amazing aspects that make our lives what they are including nutrition and health.

Through balance, we can find ourselves content. We also find ourselves inspired.

So whether you find peace in long rides through a pasture, going on an adventurous trail ride, playing with your kiddos and animals or even by shopping, remember to sprinkle in some home cooked dinners, some Twitter and texting with friends... or pick up the phone and give a loved one a call, paint your nails, get down on the floor and play a board game with your family or watch an old movie and imagine what it was like to live in that time...

Cowgirls are the perfect combo of glamor and hard workers. We work along side the boys on the farm, bond with our fellow cowgirls and friends, and have an appreciation for something not seen to often in today’s society, SIMPLICITY... or at least for me - an extreme desire for it!!

The past few days has made me more focused than ever to honor the life I love and be inspired by all of you who support my many projects and endeavors... ie: my upcoming ETJHA Show Photo Shoots... WAAHOOO!! Can't wait... nervous but excited!

My first shoot is this Saturday and I've been working hard to get ready for it! I'm excited and can't wait! I also have my first wedding on June 20th. It's a friends wedding... but it's on a farm and there will be horses, boots and glamor and love... what a perfect combination!!

Stay happy and blessed!!

LA_sig

No comments:

Post a Comment