Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Of The Best Days Ever

Yesterday started off with Katie heading to school for a very short last day!!  I of course headed to the farm!!  I had planned to ride but we started having pretty heavy intermittent showers and I also don't want Lakota to think every time he sees me... that I'm gettting on his back.  So, I just groomed him and actually played with him in the field.  He has such a personality... we were actually playing games.  Spending time with him always lifts my spirits in the BEST way!!

Headed home and got cleaned up and Don and I picked Katie up at 11:15.  Katie was sad to say goodbye to her friend Anna (who she will hopefully get together with during the summer) and her teacher Mrs. Fox.  She will have Mrs. Fox for 4th grade more than likely so Katie is happy about that.  She is wonderful and she really got attached to Katie pretty quick this year when Katie made the move to West Hills.IMG_0168So, after getting Katie, we headed to Dollywood.

We got season passes to Dollywood because we are hoping to make several trips up there this summer.  We are going to try and make Friday's our fun family day unless Don has early rehearsals.  By the time we got through the line to get our season passes, it was already 1pm so we grabbed some lunch and headed to the County Fair section of the park.  IMG_0163That's where we spent the afternoon.  It wasn't terribly crowded there and some of our favorite rides are there.  We did the dizzy disc, the scrambler, bumper cars, the swings, the ferris wheel, etc.

KT w/ the zebra Katie always has to stop and look at all the merchandise that is setting out in front of the stores!  She is such a shopper!!  I hope when she is grown and has what ever career she's going to have with animals... it's something that is lucrative because the girl can SHOP!!!  I enjoy shopping but I'm more of a hunter!!  I go looking for specific things.  She can take all day just browsing and looking!!

Don will be 45 this October and something is happening to his spunk and sense of adventure!  He wouldn't ride the farris wheel with us and when he did finally ride the swings on our 3rd go round... I was kicking his swing before the ride started and he was flippin' out on me...LOL!   Something about him hanging from a chain and it only being secured with a bolt...

It really got warm yesterday and Katie was getting pretty hot in the long lines so we cut it short since we plan on going back several times and headed to diner at Logans.  We miss there being a Logans in Knoxville!!!  Don loves their chicken salad and I love the grilled chicken and Katie loves the atmosphere and as long as she can get fish or chicken... she's good!!  IMG_0165

After diner, we decided to do a little shopping!!

Katie was wired and talking up a storm!!!  She talked more yesterday than I think she did all week.  So we went to the Circle E Western Store.  When we walked in, there was this odd, 40ish blonde lady working there that just kept staring at us... I mean really staring!  Not in a very friendly way either!!  They were having a BIG sale on boots so I wasn't about to let her sway me from shopping... neither was Katie.  Although, Katie was oblivious to her staring!

Anyway, Katie got a cute, cute pair of Tony Lama pink cowboy boots for $19.99.  I didn't know that Tony Lama allowed sales of his products so low...  I got a fun pair of Dingo boots with harness charms!!  Can't wait to wear them!!  Then this really nice teenage sales clerk helped Katie pick out a cute western looking ring and I got a ring with horse shoes.  Katie and I both wear a size 5 1/2.  How funny... I never would have thought our fingers were the same size.  Don got into a very long discussion with the store manager about the Florida Keys!  Not sure where that really came from but the whole time... odd blonde sales lady was still staring at us.  Argghh!!

So, we finished up there and headed across the street to Stages West!  Now, I had never been in there... but for a girl who has learned that she can spend and hour browsing in the clothing section at Tractor Supply... this was shopping heaven!!  They had a HUGE Brighton section of handbags, glasses, jewelry and EVERYTHING Brighton!  I found a handbag that I loved that was like FIVE times the sane amount to pay for a handbag so it is still at Stages West!  They had awesome clothes... western has really come back into style so it would have been fun even if we weren't into a horse themed lifestyle!  Don got a cool John Wayne TShirt that is actually made by a company called "Cool Old Guys".

They were having a big boot sale too!!  I guess boots have taken a hit with the economy.  So, Katie got a pair of Dingo's kinda of like the pair I had just gotten... only one size bigger than she's wearing now so she could grow into them in the fall and winter.  Don got a great pair of Ariats and the nice, nice man working there stretched the ankle areas so they fit perfect and I got a pink pair of Road Wolf boots.

We all got two shirts, Don got two belts and Katie got a cowgirl hat.  Everything was on sale so it wasn't too bad but we left there with several bags.  I so wanted to go back to Circle E and walk in with the bags and go up to strange staring lady and have a Cowgirl Pretty Woman shopping moment.... "Big Mistake"...  lol!!







Anyway, we headed home and the entire way home, Katie chatted and sang... the whole way home!!  Best day.... one of the best days in a long time!!!

Today will be a dedicated work day!  Lots to do to our backyard and have to get the pool ready to go for the summer.  It is Memorial Day weekend after all!  Hopefully we can run out to the farm late today and give Lakota a bath!!  He is one dirty horse and it's gotten to the point where grooming him doesn't do anything!!

Have a happy Saturday!!

la_sig2

IMG_0167IMG_0158

No comments:

Post a Comment