Wednesday, March 5, 2008

So Happy To Be Spending Time On The Farm Again

Monday, it was a very breezy spring like day and Don and I went to the farm and spent several hours with Sunny and Belle. It was great!! So happy to be spending time out there again other than mucking Belle's stall.

I took my camera on Monday and while Don ran Sunny and Belle for exercise I snapped away! I came home with 800+ pictures... so I tried to extract 50 or so of the best ones in this slide show to one of my favorite songs by Natasha Bedingfield.







I made another pretty stupid mistake and got hurt a little bit - no head injury this time. Just another reminder that Sunny and Belle aren't "pets" - they are 1200 pound unpredictable creatures.

I haven't ridden Belle since November. I've spent a lot of time with her and she is doing great! She's definitely my horse - she can be WAY out in the pasture and when I pull up to the barn - she starts heading in!

Katie is still doing great at STAR! They've really been doing a lot with her and her balance and working with her looking directly at the person that is talking to her. This has carried over and even helped some in school.



Katie has started gymnastics again. My friend S has two daughters that are in the same class with Katie! The gymnastics teacher is wonderful and she's great with Katie! I'm so glad that I found out about it through S... plus - she and I get to hang out while the girls are doing their thing. I discovered today that it's the fastest hour of my week... we are like teenagers... giggling and cutting up! So glad she is my friend!

I am trying to start taking my camera every where I go - literally. I'm working on building my portfolio and I'm currently working on my website. I have three more classes at UT this spring - not all at once but it will be busy!

Also, I am going to Huntsville, AL in a few weeks. My friend, Court, found this awesome photographer - actually it's a husband and wife team - like what Don and I hope to eventually do... they joined forces and have a studio. He's a videographer and editor and she's a photographer. Every other month, they have a small conference for new photographers and they mentor the photog's to help them get going... as long as they live far enough away to not be competition... :)

It's FREE! Isn't that crazy? This lady - Heather Bookout - feels like she's been blessed and wants to give back! I'm always wanting to learn - she seems very talented and you can't beat FREE!

More later!
LA :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I especially like the ones with Don and Sunny!

    ReplyDelete