Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!!!


I know this sounds ridiculous, but 8 is my favorite number so I am excited to be starting 2008! I know... I'm quirky!

I'm excited to be starting a new year! Like the rest of the masses, I do have some resolutions for 2008. And in keeping with my lucky and favorite number 8 - I have (surprise...) EIGHT NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS...

#1 - Continue to focus on my improved health situation! That is definitely #1. If I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone else and I have to remind myself of that daily. I'm going to continue to take one day at a time and hope that those numbers continue downward.

#2 - Exercise daily - except for Sunday - at least 45 minutes daily. I'm making a committment to try and stick with the plan of getting up at 6am and exercising before any roadblocks or distractions enter the day and sidetrack me.

#3 - To be a more affectionate and loving wife and a more patient mother! Patience has never been my strongest quality and it's something I struggle with daily with Katie. It has been much better in 2007 and I'm hoping it continues. Don is so wonderful and loving and I need to be more reciprocal instead of letting "life's stressers" bog me down.

#4 - To spend more time at the farm. To take Katie to the farm at least twice a week. To ride more. To do more ground work with Belle. Again, I just can't say enough the emotional benefit that Katie and I get from being with horses.

#5 - To be more organized with my eBay business, more efficient and productive. To be more organized with my bookkeeping clients, more efficient and productive. Basically - I need to be more organized and efficient.

#6 - To visit family more. We have several family trips planned for just Don, Katie and I - but I would also like to try and spend more time with family this year. Katie enjoyed Christmas so much with Dad and Marilyn and then she loved our trip to North Carolina... MORE TIME WITH FAMILY!!

#7 - To take time to spend on my photography and scrapbooking! Unless I took a class in 2007 or was at CKU with Lisa, I didn't accomplish any completed project... even then I didn't finish everything at CKU. *sigh*

#8 - To be a better cook and to get Katie more involved in helping in the kitchen. She loves being in the kitchen and she tends to eat healthier when she is involved.


I guess that's it! That's enough, huh?

I hope everyone is off to a wonderful start to 2008!

LA :)

1 comment:

  1. #8.1 To get together with your very best friend who thinks the world of you at least once a month for girl time. lol. okay, so that's my resolution, but I thought you might like it too!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete