Tuesday, December 5, 2006

New Kid On The Block

I am totally new to doing this. Everyone says that you HAVE to have a blog these days so I am going to give it a try.

I am a 39 year old SAHM mostly. I do work outside the home 12 hours a week while my daughter Katie is in school. I also have recently started running an eBay store, Tennessee Treasures by Leeann. http://stores.ebay.com/Tennessee-Treasures-by-Leeann

I also am a very frustrated scrapbooker. I love scrapbooking and I'm frustrated because I never seem to make time anymore to scrapbook. It is a total relaxation to me - it's as good as spending a day at the spa and I have a ton of supplies to it's just very sad that I don't make it a higher priority.

I love my family. I have a wonderful husband, Don. When I say he is wonderful, I don't just mean typical wonderful but extroadinarily wonderful. He is very loving, special and giving. He is also an incredible father.

We adopted a little girl seven years ago. Her name is Katie and she was definitely heaven sent. We've had her since she was six months old and it's amazing what God can do. She is so much a product of my husband and me - even though she doesn't have our "genes". Especially, my husband. She even looks a lot like him. She has some special needs and we've been through a lot as a result of those special needs - some are medical, some emotional and mental. But, we couldn't love her anymore if we wanted to.

She is in the first grade and she is doing wonderfully. She excels in so many areas. She is sweet and kind and has the kindest heart. I love watching her grow up and I am truly blessed that God picked me to be her mom.


I also love photography, horses and dogs. Animals are a very big part of our lives. Much of this is due to Katie and what has been best for her. It became obvious to us by the time she was 4, if not younger, that animals were very good for her. She has a connection with them. We had two dogs when we brought Katie home. A Maltese named Maggie and a Golden Retriever named Brinkley.

Since, we got a Puggle (a designer mutt - he's a pug and a beagle mix) in November 2005. I hate to say that I have favorites but he is my little guy. I've always been a "foofy dog" kind of dog lover. But, Hogan and his cute face, floppy ears and loving, loyal nature captured my heart immediately. My mom calls him my hound dog, which drives me crazy (lol) but I guess that's what he really is.

Our fourth dog was not intended. I thought people only had children by accident..."oops". You know, "our last child, johnny, he's wonderful but we just didn't 'plan' on him". Well, that would be Sophie, the Lhaso Apso. She's sweet and cute and very loving but we aren't totally off our rockers - we never would have planned to get a fourth dog (getting Hogan was pushing it for my husband). However, Sophie was intended to be my grandmother's puppy after she lost her 14 year old Maltese, Molly. She still isn't ready for Sophie... maybe one day.

AND, we have two horses. Sunny, my beautiful 9 year old Belgian mare. And, Sam - our humorous and skittish Halflinger.

Well, I've rambled on and I am sure I will do it again. This might actually be kind of fun.

More tomorrow!

Remember that a good memory is one that can remember the day's blessings and forget the day's troubles...

LA :) (Leeann)

No comments:

Post a Comment