Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Political Go To Guy

My heart broke this past Friday when I learned that Tim Russert had passed away. And today, as I really started to watch news coverage and today's Meet The Press memorial show with Tom Brokaw! My dad and I talked almost every Sunday and compared notes on that Sunday's show... and the topics and guests... which usually turned into a lively conversation since my dad and I are polar opposites politically.



I'm not one to ever be very "star struck" or to think that people in entertainment or the media are overly special... however, Tim Russert was my go to guy on politics. He had iritated me a few times during this primary season, however, I continued to think that he was one of the few journalists left with strong ethics and a determination for truth and answers.

He was vibrant and his enthusiasm came through the TV. Anytime anything major was happening in politics, you better believe that I was setting my Tivo for Meet The Press.

Jon Stewart provides me with comic relief in politics and world events! Who will I turn to now for the real scoop with politics...? The election in November wont be nearly the same with Tim Russert and his little white erase board.

I called my dad today to wish him happy father's day and my dad has been emotional lately with his battle... but he really got choked up when we talked about Tim Russert passing away and the very young age of 58!

I don't know who could possibly fill his shoes!

LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment