Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sophie



Well, outside of my poor husband having pneumonia now, our house is a little more sane and quiet.

We found Sophie a wonderful new home. She was never "suppose" to be with us... she was for my grandmother in North Carolina. I got her at my mom's request when their 14 year old Maltese, Molly passed away. My grandmother said NO... she didn't want another dog. We already had Sophie. We took her back because Katie was already so attached to her. So for the past two years, we've had Maggie (until this past March), Brinkley and Hogan.

For some bizarre reason, I looked at Craigslist Monday night under the "pets" section. Not that I was looking for us mind you... but there was an ad "Wanted: Cute house dog for a little girl".

Turns out that this little girl is 10 years old and lost her father a year ago. This family took in a stray dog 10 months ago and three months later the owner showed up. They were heartbroken.

The older, married sister is the one who placed the ad. We wrote emails back and forth, I sent pictures of Sophie and after being convinced that Sophie would be loved and have a good home... she went to her new home yesterday.

It was sad because we loved Sophie but we also felt sure she was going to a good home.

I got an email from the older sister this morning. They are totally in love with Sophie. She slept in bed with the younger sister last night and that is her new bed. She is being smothered with love and attention and my heart is very happy!!

LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment