Monday, February 9, 2009

I hope horses go to heaven

because that's the only way that I'll see my sweet Belle again! Tragically, we went to the farm today for me to spend time with her and ride her and start getting stuff together to move her this upcoming Sunday...

When we got there... we couldn't find her anywhere! I immediately knew something was horribly wrong but I never thought she was gone for good.

Well, she was because she died. She somehow climbed into the run-in where the round bales of hay where... I'm sure I know what happened that caused her to do it but placing blame doesn't do any good at this point. But, she got trapped, injured her leg and they think she literally wore her heart out trying to get out. When they found her, Don was with them and she was covered in sweat but already gone. I was still walking the fence lines in the pastures looking for where she might have gone missing.



She must have been so scared!

I'm heartbroken!! I'd worked so many hours helping her to become the best horse she could be - for Katie and I both. She was almost there!

She knew how much I loved her and she truly trusted me!!

She was definitely my horse. We had a connection!

I don't know how I'll get past this.

Amazing how quickly life can change. Just 24 hours ago I was blogging about my excitement over my newly formed plans with her at the new farm. Just goes to show how fickle life really is.

LA :(

4 comments:

  1. YOU KNOW "HORSES DO GO TO HEAVEN." So sad, my heart hurts for you. know you are in my prayers. love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last message was from me...aunt Joyce still don't do very good with computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leanne, this just breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. I am not really a horse person, but I know how close you can become with them. I hope you and your daughter can eventually find peace in this tragedy. You did a great thing taking this horse in and the issues she had. I am sure she will be forever grateful.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little late reading this. I'm so sorry, Leeann! This is just terrible. I know what she meant to your family.

    ReplyDelete